MGE is a project that wraps the various DirectX dlls used by Morrowind. Despite it's name, it wraps the input and sound dlls as well as graphics. It also interfaces with MWSE to make even more functions available to modders.
- Adds an oblivion style distant land feature, including distant statics and reflective water.
- Adds a semi-faked HDR effect.
- Allows morrowind to make use of the graphics drivers 'application preference' setting for antialiasing, anisotropic filtering and vWait, mipmap detail, refresh rate, etc.
- Allows global render state changes, such as disabling or enabling fog etc.
- Lets you change morrowinds screen resolution to non 4:3 values.
- Fixes the white loading screens you get when trying to use antialiasing.
- Adds fullscreen, customizable hardware and software shaders, up to 32 of which can be run at once.
- Lets you take screenshots even when antialiasing is enabled, and in any of 6 different formats (bmp, jpeg, dds and png)
- Lets you use different fogging modes. (Including the more accurate ranged vertex mode).